Looks like I’m behind the curve when it comes to revenue and hits to my site. Granted I’m sitting outside the laundry room of the hotel I’ve been staying at for the last 3 weeks. Such is the glamorous life of being a Jack of All Trades in the computer field. Unusual Build, helping people build unusual and different furniture projects, is just a shell right now, and not ready for an official launch.
What I Have Done
- Narrowed down to a topic, building unusual and different furniture projects
- Purchased a domain name, unusualbuild.com
- Installed WordPress
- Found and installed a free template
- Installed the following WordPress plugins
- Akismet – Keeping spammers at bay
- All in One SEO Pack
- Clicky for WordPress
- FD Feedburner Plugin – redirects all RSS feed clicks to Feedburner
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Pretty Link Lite
- Read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger – gotta relax a little
- Got rid of the default WordPress post and page, and wrote a quick coming soon post
What I Am Doing
- Reading The Copywriter’s Handbook, Third Edition: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Copy That Sells by Robert W. Bly to help improve my ability to connect with my reader
- Writing a post about re-skinning the interior of a cabinet for my do it yourself site, Adventures In DIY. I had an old A/V cabinet that was totally not functional so I re-skinned the interior to make it cleaner looking and installed adjustable shelves.
What I Need To Do
- Start becoming familiar with Google SketchUp – Besides videos I need a way to create detailed project plans to sell. SketchUp is a free 3D drafting program that will print to PDF.
- Find a good WordPress plugin that allows users to easily share my content at the various social media sites.
- Create a better game plan for Unusual Build. I plan on going through Corbette Bar’s article, The Key Question You Have to Answer to Make Your Blog Stand Out, to help better define my customer and site.
- Brainstorm 30 – 50 article topics
If anyone has a suggestion for a good WordPress social media plugin I would love the help finding that.